November 1, 2009

Where to Begin

It's November 1st and many people are beginning to focus on the upcoming holidays. Writers ponder whether or not to commit to Nanowrimo, a month long writing pressure cooker. For the past 3 years I have entered the competition to prove I could do it and never did. So why would this year be any different? Because I found a way to get out of making Thanksgiving dinner and I really don't care if my house is clean.

I have completed 3 novels so I know I can complete a project. I have 3 more books started, mainly due to my feeble attempts at Nano. So what am I going to do now as I watch a dust ball roll across the floor? Get cracking on my manuscript for Nano, right after I finish a game of Bejeweled.

2 comments:

  1. Nice to see you blogging again. :^) Good luck with Nano. I have enough stress so I doubt I'll ever subject myself to Nano. Still, using it as an excuse to get out of cooking Thanksgiving dinner is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Penelope. Yes, I figured that I had procrasted long enough. :)

    ReplyDelete