November 3, 2009

Slowly Getting There

As I check the word counts of fellow Nano participants, it is easy to become discouraged and wonder why I even bother. Is the goal of this exercise in frantic writing to complete 50,000 words by the end of November worthwhile? Probably. Will my life change at all if I don't keep at it? Probably not. Is it a good vehicle to keep the words flowing? Absolutely. And to keep the words flowing will I at times find myself tapping away at the keyboard in the dark as I write myself to sleep? Yes. Which brings me to another positive point about Nano. I now have an excuse to buy the laptop light that I always wanted but never thought I had a practical need for. Thank you Nano as I have discovered one more distraction to keep me away from the keyboard as I go shopping for my light tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment