January 6, 2012

Agh! What Happened to my Waist?

Yes, the holidays are finally over and the last cookie sits on a used once a year platter. I am waiting for someone to finish the cookie but no one wants it and I don't have the heart to throw it away. Of course all the good cookies have been gobbled up and the lone remain is an oatmeal raisin goodie and only one person in the house would eat it but for some reason has decided to leave it be.

Each family member has a choice of what type of treat they want and then we try one new cookie just to have something different on the table. The cookie democracy has worked well except next year poses a problem because the newly chosen shortbread was a huge hit and everyone wants it added to the cookie list and no one wants to give up their long-standing favorites.

I know Christmas is a year away but I have been mulling over this dilemma until I stepped on the scale, wept, and then tossed the scale out with the petrified Christmas tree. So what decision did I come to? No cookies next year--well except for the lone oatmeal raisin because I am sure it will still be around.

2 comments:

  1. I have been feeding cookies to the birds, the squirrels, and the deer. They need to fatten up. I'm sure we'll get some colder weather soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought of doing that and I am sure one of the feathered friends or furry critters will enjoy a stale oatmeal cookie. That reminds me--time to get out the bird feeders.

    ReplyDelete